May 28, 2020
Fresh from spending many weeks in the wilderness of the Kalahari
Desert, traditional South African shaman John Lockley dives deeply
into the wisdom he has cultivated through spiritual practice
involving nature, the elements, and his ancestors. In this episode
- The creation of the Kalahari retreat - praying to do wilderness
work, being guided to a tracker in Botswana, and the tracker's
mystical communication with a leopard which called for John's
- Mission to transmit ancient teachings of Africa and the
wilderness to people from overseas. Using dreams to connect with
the inner tracker and ancestors and teach the external tracking of
- Viruses work through nature in the wilderness to balance
populations of species when needed, and how this is now illustrated
at the human level with coronavirus.
- Contrast in cultures regarding coronavirus. John's work in
South Africa often deals with death and suffering. For many in the
US death is not in the forefront of life which has allowed for
denial and detachment from the natural cycle of life.
- John's earliest teachers were wounded special forces soldiers
during the Angolan War when he was an Army medic. He was keenly
interested with determining why the black African special forces
soldiers were healing at more than three times faster than their
white counterparts when the treatment offered was identical.
- Animal world is watching us with intelligence and communicates
- African wilderness has so much to teach beyond merely seeing
the animals in the flesh, but the greater opportunity is tuning
into their spirit.
Visit johnlockley.com to purchase his amazing book,
The Leopard Warrior, experience his audio meditations,
The Way of the Leopard, book a private online session, sign up
webinars, or donate to his ubuntu fund.