Jun 4, 2020
Michael Hetherington joins from Bali. Michael is a mind-body therapist, acupuncturist, author, teacher, taekwondo yogi. He is from Australia and currently resides in Thailand (usually, when he is not stuck in Bali due to Covid 19 travel restrictions). In this episode we explore many topics.
- His early experiences with energy, leading to self-study of
- Traveling and immersing in Eastern practices, including Chinese medicine, practices, and philosophy.
- Explanation of Chinese approach to medicine - no isolated diseases.
- Root of inflammation across diseases and the need to clear out the heat.
- Kara’s acupuncture experience for healing after miscarriage.
- Explanation of meridian system and how it relates to life force (chi).
- Growing understanding of the major role of connective tissue as a bodily system.
- EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique), tapping.
- Role of the subconscious mind in disease.
- Felt sense vs exact words with tapping.
- The importance of bringing stress and uncomfortable feelings to light rather than suppressing.
- Difference between intellectually letting go of relationship issues and body chemistry/stress memory.
- Animal acupuncture.
- Placebo effect illustrating the body’s ability to heal itself.
Freedom from Depression free ebook: https://www.michaelhetherington.com/freebook