Dec 12, 2020
I'm not sure words exist which are the appropriate containers for the gratitude and joy I hold in my heart for Krishna Das. His chants are with me often as I seek to invoke the divine and lift my consciousness as I move through my day. I use his music to infuse the space around me with a higher vibration as I drive, cook, get ready in the morning, grocery shop, etc. His devotional chants go straight to the heart of the listener, setting the stage for connection with a higher Love.
Krishna Das is a worldwide icon and the best-selling western chant artist of all time. He began as a student of Ram Dass in the late 1960s, and in 1970 he lived in India for two and a half years with his guru, Neem Karoli Baba, known as Maharaj-ji. In this conversation he shares his path to finding true Love in his guru and the winding road to expressing that Love which is his guru by sharing his music. Some of the topics we explore include the following.
- His journey to finding love, looking to the external world for validation, security, love, before truly finding it in Ram Dass and then Maharaj-ji.
- The painful years that followed Maharaj-ji leaving the body, and Krishna Das’ pathway to finding his guru again.
- Chanting as a tool to emotional healing and to processing the inner shadows, and the dichotomy of chanting being the medicine he needed to connect to Maharaj-ji but also poisoning him through minefields of ego gratification.
- Shares stories of the mysterious ways of his guru.
- The spiritual dance of releasing into love while tempering the personal will borne of the ego.
One Track Heart movie.
The unvarnished New Testament
Love serve remember foundation
By His Grace
The Near and The Dear
Miracle of Love
Virtual events with KD
Flow of Grace and Chants of a Lifetime