May 31, 2019
THE FOOD ALLOWED EACH DAY FOR THE NINE DAYS IS:
1 ½ grapefruits
1 ½ lemons
1 cooked vegetable with juice (quantity optional)
1 raw vegetable salad
1 glass orange juice*
3 cups of Vitality Beverage (one cup at each meal)
*to be taken every night before going to bed with ½ tsp. of
senna leaves or Swiss Kriss, and later increase to 1 tsp.
2 stalks chopped celery
5 carrots (chopped) including part of stem
1 bunch chopped parsley
½ qt. chopped dandelion, or turnip greens, or spinach
1 qt. water
No salt or spices
Some extra tips:
- Practice light yoga to increse the flow and thus help the
- Take regular sunbaths exposing as much of the body as possible
to direct sunlight to fill up on energy.
- I might be easier to do the cleanse during spring or summer
months. Because of the decreased caloric intake, the body tends to
feel cold during the diet, which is less of a problem in the warm
weather. In the spring and summer, there is also a greater variety
of vegetables available for steaming. Also it can be easier for the
body to cleanse itself with the help of the heat.
- Yogananda recommends taking nightly warm baths with Epsom salts
or some other good bath salt. The cleansing and rejuvenation of the
skin produced by the diet are remarkable, and these warm salt baths
aid in this process.
- You can eat the different type of foods whenever but this is
how we did it most of the days:
Breakfast — warm water with lemon, grapefruits, orange and vitality
lunch — salad and vitality beverage;
dinner — steamed vegetables, lemons and vitality beverage,
then oranges eaten through the day.
Find what works best for you.
- When coming off the diet, eat lightly and simply for the first