Jan 7, 2021
This episode is particularly close to my heart, not only because Jon Salmon has been a dear friend for so many years, but because we discuss the powerful and complex subject of mental health and suicide. Jon and I both experienced the loss through suicide of a special person in our lives in 2016, afterwich he began to work with mental health charities to assist others. He has worked alongside the Duke and Dutchess of Cambridge (William and Kate) and Prince Harry to reinforce the importance of mental health awareness. In this episode we discuss:
- Jon shares his own struggles with mental health from around 20
years ago, and how the suicide of our mutual friend triggered him
- How powerful the word suicide is, and how difficult it is to talk about. Is it better to talk about it even if we worry we’ll say the wrong thing?
- The mystery of mental illness. It can be hard to pinpoint the cause.
- How might we be able to address mental health challenges from an energetic viewpoint?
- The importance of self check ins.
US/Canada: Text HOME 741741 to be in touch with trained crisis volunteer
UK: Text SHOUT 85258 to be in touch with trained crisis volunteer